2020 #ZoomJam Special Recognition
Created as part of my Audience Development & Engagement course at UT.
Role: Game Designer / Content Creator
To pivot due to the Covid-19 pandemic, for our final project we worked on a team of 3 to create a Zoom centered game for the #ZoomJam project.
See our project below!
Have you or a loved one found yourselves yearning for a way to get active while also socializing with friends amidst this global pandemic? Well search no longer!
Zoomba is a full body improvised workout/dance experience that can be played in the comfort of your own home using Zoom.
Player Amount: 2+
Length of game: Minimum length of a song. 15+ minutes for optimal workout time.
1. If you are the host, open Zoom and start a room. All other participants join the room.
2. Once everyone joins the room, vote on a theme* for the session either using the provided templates or making a brand new one (polling optional).
3. Everyone customizes their background/attire for the occasion.
4. The host plays themed music using screen sharing.
5. Participants perform one signature dance move then then call out another person’s name to tag them.
6. Once tagged, you perform the last person’s signature move along with your own new move before tagging someone else.
7. There is no time limit for this game, so play for the length of a song or more!
8. Fun ensues as players have a dynamic and social workout that is sure to keep them entertained.
*Some suggested themes are improv-centered movements such as “funny grocery store moves,” a serious dance-centric theme like “ballet,” or even a targeted workout theme such as “upper body moves”.